Monday 13 February 2012

Think like a Woman... Act like a Lady

Being a gentleman isn't always easy. In an era of social networks, it's easy to become target practice for people who generally have very little to lose and could care less about your feelings or reputation. When dirt is thrown on your name, one generally wants to fight fire with fire.

My "Silent Assassin" blog tackles this somewhat but I feel the need to get a tad bit more specific and make this a gender related issue.

We live in an era where very few women praise one another. I often hear women say that they can only chill with dudes because chicks have issues, girls are bitches, etc. My female friends will always point out other females who are supposedly throwing daggers with evil mean muggs. I always ask if this is not perhaps a reciprocated reaction based a dual exchange of evil looks? The answer is still pending.

Why don't women like each other? My theory goes...

We live in an era where the female icons are the Kardashians. This is in no way disrespect to the Kardashians, but basically we forget that it's only entertainment and reality TV is about as real as a R300 note. We act as though we know these people, we only know edited versions of what they allow us to see.

So what's my point? Point is, our generation is fake... it's so fake that we live beyond our means. Women hate on each other because instead of wanting to be the owners of businesses, they would rather be the flyest chick in the club. If you asked most ladies under 25 if they would rather be Oprah or one of the Kardashians, I think Miss Winfrey would struggle.

Again, what's my point? My point is, when you bicker over small shit, you breed a generation that steadily decreases in ambition. Looking good is great, but it should be for you... not to style on another female. I mean we've all seen what happens when two women are rocking the same dress... you'd swear she farted in your face... immediate hate and conflict.

I genuinely believe that the hate between women is ugly and deep-seeded. You women are very cruel to each other and it's sad to see.

Some of you hate each other to the point that to will lay with a man that you aren't even attracted to in order to 'show' each other... it's unladylike. You both lose... he might lose both of you but as unfair as it is, men can always make a comeback.

Ladies... stop judging each other, especially when your judgement is hypocritical. You can't act a certain way and then judge another woman for the same behaviour... you shouldn't judge at all.

Ladies... mind your own business, praise each other and keep it ladylike.

I will be

2 comments:

  1. As much as I agree with what you're saying, I think a major contributing factor to the competitiveness and overall cattiness of us females towards each other is you men and how you give more love to the "Kim's" than to the "Oprah's". I think the blame should be cast in both directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But then again? Why blame people for our own actions? At the end of the day women feed off of eaxh others misery, and yes it is sad to see, but hey, we live in a "dog eat dog word," I always say, "eat or become vulnerble"

    ReplyDelete