Wednesday 27 July 2011

Eat at the Green Peppercorn





Morningside Shopping Center is great for all kinds of shopping. My favourite tobacconist is out there, some great clothing stores(you can get fresh Superdry out there),it's where I buy my supplements, wine and it's easy for grocery shopping. The place is also blessed with numerous great restaurants and a vibe that few places in Johannesburg possess.

It's easy to head to the Tasha's(Johannesburg's trendiest eatery franchise) or Tsunami(slept on... great fish and sushi) but I recently discovered the "Green Peppercorn". Almost hidden away, the space is indoor and outdoor and allows for the cosy or group vibe.

Service is quick, I usually get annoyed when I have more than one waiter because they tend to confuse each other, but they get it right here... menu,drink,food,bill... all at rhythmic pace. Waiter even had jokes. Funny or not... I appreciate the effort.

The menu is diverse; large mains or quick finger foods... I dabbled in a prawn wrap and my dude killed a monster steak sandwich... his sandwich looked like it had a rump in it. The menu has everything from fish dishes, salads and a large dessert choice.

They also offer freshly squeezed juices, the real joints... I love those since regular juice contains a lot of sugar... they hit the spot. I would say that the spot is more for lunch than supper, but that's just my opinion.

Not knocking Tasha's... but take a few steps and try out the Green Peppercorn.

You know I put you on... trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment