Tuesday 19 July 2011

Graham Beck Wine




The greatest description I've heard for wine, is "creative meditation". Wine makers say that their wine is a product of their passion for perfection. I totally like this. Like most people I figured out wine as an underage kid drinking anything in sight... I mean come on... You can get it in a box.

Wine encompasses patience, it's meant to be savored. Like great cuisine, every sip is an experience. I appreciate culture and history and the creation of wine may seem nasty(squashing grapes while barefoot) but the results are incredible... True art.

South Africa has some great wines. I've recently discovered Graham Beck. The 2006 Shiraz is my favourite but they have an array of wines. White, red, Rosè, Brut,etc to suit meals and your particular preference.

You can find it at most bottle stores. My Shiraz is usually about R100.

I keep trying to start a collection... Yes I keep drinking the stock. Perhaps if I cook less then I'll be easier on the stock... Not gonna happen.

Wine isn't for everyone, but I swear you'll love once given the time.

Be responsible though, wine will have you randomly pulling a hamstring if you go in too hard. If you go for a tasting, remember to spit... Don't swallow.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. "I keep trying to start a collection... Yes I keep drinking the stock" - that's me right there. i'm a huge fan on wines, beyerskloof pinotage being my favorite.

    i tried graham beck once - went to their winery for a tasting - and really didn't like their wines. very very bitter and too acidic. maybe it was a bad year, maybe it's because i had just had ice cream a few minutes before that, but i really didn't enjoy their wines.

    ReplyDelete