Monday 18 July 2011

One for Madiba


Charity begins at home they say. Well I don't know who they are and I doubt I'm welcome at their home anyway.

I've always questioned celebrities who get involved in charity work, simply because they made their 'generosity' public. I believe that your charitable work shouldn't be publicised or measured.

Every other day I receive an email from someone requesting that AKA perform for free for some charity. When I ask questions about the proceedings and its destination, I usually pull out.

Too many con-artists out here. Imagine reading about how I got arrested after setting up the "Tibzozo Feed the Young'ns Foundation" and then split with the cash... The young'ns are still waiting on their grub.

Well I believe that being generous is something Godly. Some mistake it with being wreckless, but I disagree. Giving your time is generous and utilising that time for good is even better.

I would like to salute Shaka Sisulu and the Cheesekids Foundation for the Mandela Day Concert. I appreciate the fact that they actually got celebrities to work as in actual labour out at Innisfree Park.

Well done on increasing our country's emergency blood supply by another week. Well done on getting the very best in South African talent on stage FOR FREE. It felt like the World Cup with AKA,Khuli,Jozi,HHP,Big Nuz,The Muffinz,Zebra n Giraffe and so many others.

Well done on showcasing the essence of Madiba. I've done my bit but everyday one can do more and keep it to themselves.

Happy birthday Madiba.

No comments:

Post a Comment