Monday 11 July 2011

Lets Eat



Food is a major part of my life... MAJOR. Growing up I was an obese kid and I ate everything in site. As I grew older and took a liking to the skill behind culinary art, I truly began to enjoy it. Cooking also became a part of courtship... we all wanted to be the smooth, suave cat... we all remember that scene in "Brown Sugar" when the dude who can't rap shuts down the restaurant and cooks for Sanaa Lathan... that smooth shit.

Cooking relaxes me, I play some soothing music and the results are usually edible. If you follow me on twitter, you've probably seen several pics of my meals. I will put you on to some of my recipes from time to time... but not now.

As much as I love a great home-cooked meal, I love a great restaurant. I eat out a lot due to travels on the road and meetings and of course I appreciate dining generally. I've decided to give props only to restaurants that I love... I am no food critic,so I will only speak of restaurant that I enjoy.

"Turn and Tender" is a great place... it actually feels like home.

I've always been a fan of the Parkhurst franchise... their rump steak is a particular favourite. Tshepo Mogale put me onto it a while back... much appreciated.

The Illovo franchise has grown on me too... I recently had the seafood soup there... incredible. 

The general service is great, they are not over-priced and their portions are legit( I love me a legit portion). 

I recommend it more for the dinner vibe... large table with friends and some bottles of wine... trust me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tibz,

    Welcome to blogger. I was updating my own blog and thought of yours since you spoke about it on twitter. I like your writing style. It is not pretentious, and it is not stagnant. It has a fresh and easy pace, which is just my type of reading. I am going to subscribe to it (RSS feeds).

    I am looking forward to reading more. And on the subject matter, if you know where I can find some kick-ass vegetarian food in Jhb, do share. You would have saved me from a very dull dining-out experience, where I only eat salads and chips all the time.

    Anyway, Laters

    Veronnica Wolpendz
    Love, Peace and Power!

    ReplyDelete