Thursday 7 July 2011

I Came To ShowLove











Look I speak a lot... but I don't speak of things that I have no knowledge of... I speak based on personal experience. I've been on mute on the blogs for a while but I'm back like I never left.

A lot has happened lately. Head Honcho going national, AKA becoming a superstar, Showlove Music growing daily and I've had to grow along with it. I've just returned from the Durban July(my first) and I soaked it in. I had my three-piece suit fitted( all love to GLS) and so did my young assassin, AKA... well his outfit was a tad bit more animated but hey... such is the young man's character.

I was sad that I couldn't have Dj Fanatic with us but we all at it again at De La Sol, Durban this weekend so I'm happy again. The true joy for me came from chilling with my dude, Scoop aka Scoop Jackson aka Scoop Jackson aka almost as dapper as Tibz. Anyway, my homie was probably the best dressed out there... made me proud to be in the crowd getting live while AKA and Khuli killed the MTV marquee... it was love.

I spent a large part of the day with L-Tido and AKA... YES the two of them... yes together and no I didn't catch any stray slaps. Truth is, we had a good time. We've all concluded that we have a few talentless journalists who lack the skill of creative writing and need this beef as content. The naked truth is that both camps are doing exceptionally well and we all get along. This is rap so fans will compete before artists do... but journos... who are you competing with? I guess you are now competing with me again.

In case you're wondering about my qualifications, please speak to the media department at the University of Witwatersrand... in case you're wondering about my experience... please holla at Google.

This platform is for one purpose... my release. I will speak my mind... good or bad mood.

I'm proud of hip-hop and proud of young entrepreneurship... keep at it... it's never over.

I made a rash decision this week to no longer greet people who upset me and cause trouble. My good dude, Suede set me straight and told me to never let another man mess with my Colgate flow... I'll be smiling.

I will say this... there are some clowns in these streets that insist on latching on to beefs that have nothing to do with them and often there's no beef at all. Let's all mind our own business and let none of be casualties of another fool's war.

Let it be known that I came to show love.

All love

No comments:

Post a Comment