Monday 18 July 2011

Solo Dining



As an only child, I'm accustomed to doing things by myself. I watch movies alone, I hardly ever go to corporate functions with a partner(I go to network) and I'm usually running my daily errands alone.

I try to always take the time to treat myself... I take myself on dates. Some people find this sad, but I love my own company.

I often take myself out for dinner and a movie. This weekend I decided to make it just dinner.

The beautiful Orient at Melrose Arch was my location for the evening. I chose the downstairs smoking area so I could indulge in a Cuban. The area feels like a private wine cellar, the kind I hope to have. one day... I always imagine my children being fully grown,coming over to visit,cooking them some incredible treats and us dining in my wine cellar.

Well this is why I enjoy solo dining, my thoughts are never interrupted and I plan and see my future.

The menu is mostly Thai themed. Various curries,meat dishes and sushi are also available. Definitely not the cheapest menu but spoil yourself... You deserve it.

I ordered the prawn dim sum to start. Dim sum is such a hustle, so delicious but it really teases you. My main course was the "Bang Bang Duck"... Damn!

This is a chilli duck stir-fry(mild is available) that comes with either noodles,steamed rice or veggies... I chose the noodles... No regrets. The food was the perfection portions... I was full but not in need of chilling with that nigger by the name of Itis.

My meal was accompanied by a bottle of Graham Beck 2006 Shiraz. I did not finish the bottle but they allowed me to take it with me.

All love to the space, cuisine and service.

Because I was alone, I got away with no table booking but I highly recommend it. The general vibe seems smart casual... Just don't go through in shorts,homie.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Orient makes THEE best dim sum! A dim sum battle between them and Koi would be tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I might have to give that battle to KOI

    ReplyDelete