Thursday 21 July 2011

Grey Goose Mibar




Last Thursday my good dudes from Liquid Chefs invited me to their new "supper club" at Mibar in Rosebank. This was also the relaunch of their newly renovated space which is now in conjunction with Grey Goose(my favourite vodka).

I spent most of my evening chilling with GQ's associate editor, Siphiwe Mpye. Was good to catch up. He put me onto the Zen martinis... I'm sold. We ate incredible food from the Mibar menu... I'm particularly fond of the calamari.

I dig the vibe. If you've been to supper clubs overseas then you know that the vibe is relaxed, drinks flow, food is always available and the music is always good... It never feels as though you have wasted and outfit.

Some familiar faces like Clint Brink and Loyiso Gola were out there too.

They had an incredible band, didn't get the name but I will find out.

Mibar and Grey Goose have pulled this off very well. Some people wish to go out, meet new people but not necessarily party up a storm... Perfect spot.

Mibar is opposite Hush on Jan Smuts, Rosebank.

No comments:

Post a Comment