Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tweet With A Purpose



Why you always on twitter? Geez dude like you live on Facebook? Either you regularly get these questions or you have asked these questions.

Social networks should not be ignored. If you take the time, you will find its relevance for whatever field you are in... Yes, even a farmer. I won't lie and say it has benefits on a personal level, one often gets to express their opinions with like-minded people.

Of course the platforms can be abused, but such is life... The good comes with the bad.

Marketing is something I'm always doing. I market my events, brands, our clothing label, the music and videos that come out of our camp and I market myself and track record.

We all tweet, we all send Facebook messages, we all tag each other on our walls but we wonder why the gigs are empty and no one is buying the music.

When utilizing the same platforms, the winner will be the one who uses the platform differently and to their advantage.

It's like tennis. Two opponents, two rackets, same amount of tennis balls and one court. The winner is the one who has trained harder and also understands that particular surface better. The winner knows when to work the baseline or when to serve and volley.

Social networks are the same. It's all about figuring out your personal touch within the space...

I've had a great read in my hands for months now, "The Social Media Marketing Book" and I promise that it's for you. The book is actually the reason I started blogging.

Dan Zarrella has put together an easy to read book/textbook that showcases how to use social networks in your industry. It shows you short cuts and tricks to your advantage. Guy Kawasaki(please Google him if you don't know him) says a quick read of this book is better than a month's research on the Internet.

I found it at a great book store in Cresta opposite the YDE.

My friends know I've been pushing the book. Someone told me that I'm giving my competition tools. I disagree, if we all continue to learn and improve, then all industries will grow, corporate will take us more seriously and we'll all win and tweet with a purpose.

2 comments:

  1. i have this book, i saw your tweet the other day about it, and i gotta say ever since i read it, my website www.kagisoonline.co.za has been a great success, i am applying the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help... spread the love,homie

    ReplyDelete